About this contest
Last time Siemens had a contest on Zooppa, they asked how you would change your city for the better. Now, in the grand tradition of sequels that go bigger, we're asking how you would change the world!
What can we do right now -- all of us as a collective force on our planet or you alone in your personal environment -- to create a green, promising future that not only allows for economic prosperity, but also sustainable development for mankind and our environment? What can we do right now to provide affordable and accessible healthcare everywhere, create jobs, save our planet's flora and fauna, and clean up our cities, where already today more people are living than ever before?
In Rio de Janeiro this June, the Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development will be held to address these issues. Siemens wants to see your earth, your dream, your action.
Create up to 4-minute video showing us your global initiatives we can start right now to make the world a greener place. These ideas must be grand in scope, but can be portrayed on a very personal level. The goal is to show how you'd help human kind, and including a human in your video telling your story through a very personal point of view is highly encouraged.
- Video must be under 4 minutes
- Complete the author form in the materials downloads section and email it to
at the time of your video submission. Include title of video submission and your user name in the email subject line.
- You must email three photographs, one of yourself or filmmaking team, and two production shots, one of which should feature your protagonist if you have one. Email to
. Include title of video submission and your user name in the email subject line.
- If you are a winner, you might be asked to provide a 30 second trailer style version of your piece in order to be eligible to collect your winnings
- Videos must be in English or if they are not in English, they must have English subtitles. If you win and have subtitles or lower thirds in your film, you must also have a version available without those two text items.
- Videos may be in any language - though you will need to submit an English language text transcript with your video. If your video is not in English please provide a English-language transcript translation as well as subtitling the actual piece. English- language text transcript of all spoken content in your video must be sent to
with your username and title of your video.
- Do NOT use any Siemens branding in your film. Make it YOUR film, YOUR story, both in content and style
- Your video has to be be shot in HD
- All music, images, video footage and other content must be either originally produced by the filmmaker submitting the video, or proper permissions must be authorized by the copyright owner. Proper permissions must include the right for the filmmaker to use the content commercially. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the filmmaker to ensure that all permissions are in place for use of actors' likenesses.
- Must be able to provide a H264 QT, MOV, or MP4, 1920x1080, 5000kbps minimum birtrate, PAL(25fps) with 0dB full scale at 6dB headroom, and a total size of 200 MB maximum.
To award the "Client Awards" a judging panel comprised of Siemens representatives will review all eligible entries/videos based on the following criteria: compelling story (25%), HD production value (25%), capturing the spirit of the brief (25%), accuracy/factual (25%). The decisions of the judging panel shall determine the winners of "Client Awards."